+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Military Council and the Political Chaos in Egypt

Default The Military Council and the Political Chaos in Egypt

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Raheem

The Military Council and the Political Chaos in Egypt

The current events in Egypt reflect a genuine spat between the military council and the United States about the future of Egypt after the ousting of Hosni Mubarak?s regime. The US wants the political life to be under civilian control and the military to remain in their barracks to act as a safety valve and a guardian over the kufr values and ?civil state?. The military, therefore, does not have the right to interfere in public affairs unless the interests of the United States are threatened. These interests are linked with the manner in which the country is going to be governed and how the Israel- Egypt peace treaty is going to be secured. To accomplish these objectives, America does not mind retaining some privileges for the military leaders. However, the military council continues to act in the way it used to before the ?25 Feb Revolution?. Like the leaders of the Algerian military, the military council attempts to keep wielding power in public affairs and domestic politics from behind the scenes. It did not understand the nature of the plans of the new phase, which the United States has been executing since the so called ?Arab Spring was ignited in the region. America is working towards satisfying the desire of the people to rule themselves by themselves, but according to the kufr thoughts and rules, without any interference by the military and without an explicit projection of the ?Islamic? rulers? collaboration with America. The clearest explanation of this conflict was indicated by the former President of the United States, Jimmy Carter. After meeting with Field Marshal Muhammad Hussein Tantawi and other members of the military council last month, Carter expressed his doubts about the readiness of the military leaders to handover all authority to the newly elected parliament or the constitutional assembly that is expected to be chosen. In his conversation with the military rulers, Carter said, they repeatedly insisted that they foresaw only: ?harmonious agreement? between the military and elected civilians. ?When I say, ?Suppose there is a strong difference of opinion, how will it be resolved?? that always kind of creates a quandary,? he said. Still, Carter said he was optimistic that the outcome of negotiations would nonetheless constitute a major step towards what is called the civilian democracy. ?I think it is probably going to be inevitable, and I don?t think it is going to be detrimental for the military to retain some special status,? he said.

Read More Here:

Arabic Here:

Default The military council

Salam brother
    It has just come to my attention that there is a possible confrontation between the military council and the brotherhood. The brotherhood wanted the government of ganzuri to resign and the military council refused and almost gave an ultimatum that if the brotherhood do not behave themselves,
    the army can return to the day of abdul nasser and crush them, this fact was issued in a statement of the army dating 25/3/2012.
    Do you have any comment to make about what I mentioned?
    Last edited by romia747; 03-04-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Good leaflet and some brothers are already mentioning the same opinion last year on this thread http://forum.hizbuttahrir.org/showth...?t=3567&page=8
    Seek Knowledge from the Cradle to the Grave

I also think that the army is trying to discredit the religious parties and show the egyptian population that they are trouble causes, as happened with the soldier being killed.
    "By Allah, I shall destroy the Romans and the friends of Satan with Khalid bin Al Walid."
    Caliph Abu Bakr. (633 A.D)

Salam
    I am watching what is going on in Egypt very closely, I think the egyptians started to discover the dirty trick of the brotherhood, they violated many principals, they promised they will not file a candidate for the presidency, and they did by filing Mohamed Morsi, just very recently they are trying to amend article 28 of the constitution, which they supported in the referendum in march 2011. They composed a committee to form of the constitution which was 50% of them and salafyin. The military council dissolved this committee, and no new committee is formed yet, taking in consideration that Egypt has no constitution because the old one was dissolved, the elected president will be without constitution. Today the military council said, it will form what amount to temporary constitution, which was met with resentment from the brotherhood and other parties. The polls show that Amr musa who is by the way alcoholic and womanizer is ahead in the poll (he played a very vicious role when he was secretary of the arabs league). The army has absolute power in Egypt for over 60 years, will anybody think that it will relinquish power so easily?
    As Carter said : I don't think the army will give up power, we have to wait and see.

Default Egyptian Parliament Dissolved

Salaam

It would appear the Military Council is resisting the reformation which would see its role in ruling diminished with the latest move resulting in the dissolution of parliament.

Please post your thoughts.

"In another setback for Egypt's fledgling political process, elected officials have been disqualified and the lower house of parliament dissolved.
    The court ruled on Thursday that one third of the seats in the Islamist-dominated parliament were invalid, stirring fresh uncertainty in the politically divided country.

The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), the country's ruling military council, then announced that if any part of the parliament is illegal, then the entire body should be dissolved.

Egypt's constitutional court also ruled against a law that would have barred deposed president Hosni Mubarak's last prime minister Ahmed Shafiq from standing in this weekend's presidential poll runoff."

Salam
    Over the last week, several changes of great importance happened in Egypt.
    1- The emergency rule was eliminated, but one day after its elimination, the justice minister has issued a new law which allow the civilian to be tried by the military and intelligence officers, that is worse in the emergency law.
    Today the egyptian constitutional court has announced the dissolution of parliament with immediate effect, and allowing Ahmed Shafik to participate in the election.
    There is a big turmoil all over the country, as far as who will win the presidency, people think that there will be a fierce competition between the 2 candidates, but ? reliable sources claim that the result has been fixed for shafik (close mubarak friend, who stated recently that mubarak is his role model).
    I think there is a possibility that Egypt may be going trough civil war, or the alternative that it is going to be ruled by the military again.
    Obviously Allah knows best.

Not too sure about a civil war but certainly a power struggle.
    The militry has power and they dont want to give that up. Jus like other personel who had power including gadaffi, sadam and musharaf.

One thing that came to mind is how much of a connection mubarak might have with the militry, he may still be pulling strings from his 'hospital'.
    Quran 15:3: "Let them eat, enjoy, and remain blinded by wishful thinking; they will find out!"

I believe the dissolving of parliament has to do with the fact that in the constitution it states that 1/3 of members in the lower parliament must be independent candidates. this i believe was something from the mubarack era where brotherhood candidates would stand as independents rather than in a single party. Therefore it would make this parliament not fit to regulation because in this election there were less independent candidates as most amalgamated in to the brotherhood peace and justice party. (this clause was most probably only there to make mubarack seem more democratic, to make it seem he allowed other parties to run. once he was removed there was not need for it but because it is in the constitution it is a criteria that has to be met.)

This does seem like the last throw of the dice from the military and their allies in the supreme court. They realise that the power is going to be removed from them and more importantly the see that the will be a quick shift away from them, compared to the situation which occurred in Turkey where the military influence was slowly removed.
    With the artificial nature of the Egypt situation they realise that it will be torn from them much more quickly and ruthlessly.

I think there is little doubt that since mubarak resigned in February 2011, made everything for him to live like a king, he was in the international hospital in Cairo like 7 stars hotel, the trial of mubarak lasted for almost 16 months and the verdict was so mediocre that it was clear that every thing was prearranged, now they reached an agreement to release his sons, if they give all their properties in Egypt.
    It was very clear from day one after his resignation that the military is controlling the situation and it is not going to give up.
    The egyptians have been thinking quite wrongly that they had started a revolution about which they felt very proud, now they realized it is all fake.
    The question now are the egyptians going to accept mubarak regime again, or causing a lot of upheavel?
    Last edited by romia747; 14-06-2012 at 11:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread