+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The khilafah not lasting until 1924

Default The khilafah not lasting until 1924

Salaaam

As dawah carriers we know that, many muslims are under the impression that the state did not last until 1924. I realise that this has no affect on the obligation to resume the islamic way of life, however I wish to clarify the definitions some muslims give to what the state was leading up to the downfall of it i.e. empire, dynasty, republic etc.. and how these definitions do not apply to what we know as the khilafah upto 1924.

Also some clarification as to the supposed 'hierarchical rule' and 'forced bayah'. Inshallah.

Jzk

I am still waiting for a reply, anyone?

Salaam,

Do you want to know about the hierarchical rule during the 1400 year history? And how it happened? And who was involved? And the incidents that happened in history?

Please elaborate inshallah.

Default The khilafah not lasting until 1924

Salam brother
    The khilafah is the political system of islam which means the sovereigty belongs to Allah SWT and the authority belongs to the ummah which means the ummah chooses the khalifah and give him the baya to rule by islam, that was the sitution that was present till march 1924. The fact that there were many deviations in application of islam, that does not prevent the fact that the system was existent, when the deviation reached certain level then the khilafah was destroyed. We have to differentiation between the misapplication of islam and the absence of the khilafah. Lord carson the british foreign minister said in march 1924 that now the khilafah is destroyed the moral strengh of the muslims will be weaken.
    The khilafah existed for close 1400 years, during this long time, many periods of misapplication of islam happened but the khilafah was always present and therefore the recovery was quick. The best example is during the Abbasya khilafah, the assistant of the khalifah was a traitor and passed all the secret of the state to hulaku in return he will appoint him as as khalifah when he invades the state. As a result of this act hulaku came and killed both the khalifah and his assistant in addition to 2.5 millions muslims (can you imagine), however because the khilafah was still existent
    El Zaher beebers managed not only to defeat hulaku but also the mongols turned to become muslims. I hope this will clarify the issue for you, however if you have any question, you can ask and any brothers will address your question
    Last edited by romia747; 09-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.

WS, Jazakallah for your response romia747.

@BLOOD_THIRSTY

yes i would want to know more on the hierarchical rule during the 1400 year history.

Salaam bro,

The first usurpation of power was when muawiyah ibn sufyan forcefully took and gave the bayah for his son yazid (may the curse of allah be on him)

Even during muawiya's reign he was very rebellious towards the caliph of that time, namely Imam Ali (ra). Which lead to him insulting one of the most beloved companions of the messenger (saw). Refusing to give bayah and accepting imam ali (ra) as caliph. And killing those who supported ali (ra) and killing those who refused to insult ali (ra)

Bearing in mind the prophet (saw) said:

"Whoever insults ali has insulted me"

And also said to imam ali (ra)

"None but a believer will love you and none but a hypocrite will nurse grudge against you"

It was fair to say that muawiyah did more than nurse a grudge against ameer-ul-momineen Ali (ra)

Imam ali (ra) then said to muawiyah that if he wanted the position of caliph so badly that they should settle it with a duel. However it was obvious from the setting that no-one would dare have a duel with imam ali (ra) and especially not muawiyah the son of Hind.

His actions lead to what was known as the ummayad dynasty and the hierarchy system took place from here. Where power was kept internally. I.e, the ummayads. From muawiyah to yazid (may the curse of allah be on him)
    and then passed on generation after generation.

This is when the major fitnas started and lead to the most devastating travesy of our time in islamic history, namely karbala.

So we can see the hierarchy system and bayah being froced upon individuals started from muawiyah and his son yazid (may allah curse him)

This is a brief over view.

Jazakallah BLOOD_THIRSTY

Also I just wanted to clarify more about how the state was not leading up to a Dynasty, Empire or Republic. Any thoughts will help Inshallah.

Can you elaborate on your question please?

Jzk

Salam brother underground Don
    The word dynasty is mainly used when power or prestige is kept in one family,
    for instance the word dynasty was used frequently during the time of the pharaohs of Egypt when a pharoah ruled trough his family for extended period of time say like ramsis the second, when the time of his family ruling came to an end, then this period of his family ruling is called dynasty.
    Empire is said when a country like britain which invaded the world to take advantage of it, and the conqueror has all the prevail age, and the conquered were treated as second class citizens, or slaves, that is always the case of empire trough the history. The word republic is part of the capitalist system when people choose the president of the country, and there is different types of the republicans system.
    Islam is not an empire or republican system, although the west tends to refer to ottoman state as empire to distort the truth about islam, because when islam conquers a country, he ruled all the citizens by the system of islam without differentiating between the conquers and the conquered, and that is one important difference between islam and empire, among many others subsequent difference.
    Dynasty can exist in islamic state if a particular family rules over extended period of time. By itself it is not forbiden so long the baa is implemented correctly and the khalifah rules by islam. Misapplication of islam does not mean that the khilafah is not implemented. During our time we say the khilafah is not implemented because islam is not the ruling system.
    Last edited by romia747; 10-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

jazakallah brothers

+ Reply to Thread