+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muslim sister jailed for wearing nikab

Default Muslim sister jailed for wearing nikab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...amic-veil.html

A 32-year-old mother from France is set to become the first woman ever to be sent to prison for wearing an Islamic veil.
    You know I am not really that surprised by the actions of the French in sending a sister to jail for wearing a nikab in public. She didnt rob a bank, or kill anyone. All she was doing was wearing a piece of clothing that the kufaar hate and feel threatened from. But the reason why i am not surprised, is because these people are kufaar and what else should we expect from them.

"The Jews and the Christians will never be pleased with you, until you follow their faith? [TMQ 2:120]

What i feel more upset about is the fact that a Muslim sister is going to be sent to jail for obeying the commands of Allah (swt), but there has not really been any out cry from the Muslims.

I think this is due to Muslims not seeing nikab as being necessary hence they are quiet. But this is incorrect as their opinion is based on islamic evidence, so is Islamic.

This just goes to show that without the state we are helpless and defenceless. Our sisters are being imprisoned and what can the ummah do about it? How did Caliphs in the pasts deal with issues like this when the honour of a single sister was under threat? They made sure that a suitable reply was given to the perpetrators.

I pray to Allah (saw) to give the sister and many other sisters sabar.
    "By Allah, I shall destroy the Romans and the friends of Satan with Khalid bin Al Walid."
    Caliph Abu Bakr. (633 A.D)

May allah destroy the enemies of islam and the ahlul-bayt, strengthen the hearts of the muslims and unify us inshallah.

AMEEN
    Khayber meh hud nabi nehka hah! "YA ALI MADAD"!

Ameen.

On the one hand, I admire her courage to stand up to the courts and stand her ground when most Muslims over there would've compromised but I can't help but wonder what her stance is? On the one hand she says she doesn't recognise the French court but on the other the article claims she'll be taking the case to the European court of Human Rights. That sounds inconsistent to me. Either she recognises a Kufr court to decide on this matter or she doesn't. I find that a little confusing.

As you've already stated, the real tragedy is the fact that she can't turn to the Ummah to stand up for her. If the Ummah were to take a stand to back sisters in a situation like this then there's a good chance the law wouldn't have been passed in the first place- or else France would not have gotten away with it.

Some very interesting points sister Neelu. But I was just wondering if this is just another plan the kufaar have hatched. What if they want this sister to go all the way up to the European court of human rights and then the decision was over turned in the sisters favor.... This could be a way of muslims in future looking to these baatil courts for justice. Thats exactly what the kufaar would want.

Just a thought...
    "By Allah, I shall destroy the Romans and the friends of Satan with Khalid bin Al Walid."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallujah_Sniper View Post

This just goes to show that without the state we are helpless and defenceless. Our sisters are being imprisoned and what can the ummah do about it? How did Caliphs in the pasts deal with issues like this when the honour of a single sister was under threat? They made sure that a suitable reply was given to the perpetrators.

I pray to Allah (saw) to give the sister and many other sisters sabar.
    How did the Muslims react when one sisters honour was under threat? Indeed they made sure that a suitable reply was given to the perpetrators. It reminds me of what lead to the invasion of Banu Qainuqa.... A quote from the Seerah of Muhammad (SAW) in regards to the incident of the prank played by the jews on a Muslim sister...

A Jewish goldsmith provoked a Muslim woman whose genitals
    become uncovered when he had tied the edge of the garment to her back. A Muslim
    man happened to be there and killed the man; the Jews retaliated by killing that
    Muslim. The man?s family called the Muslims for help and war started.[Ibn Hisham 2/47,48]
    It just shows the value of the honour of a woman in Islam and today because there is no Islamic state, we have really become helpless and defenceless, without the ability to give the kufaar the appropriate response and make them think before carrying out any act that would affect the Muslim Ummah....

Quote Originally Posted by Fallujah_Sniper View Post
    Some very interesting points sister Neelu. But I was just wondering if this is just another plan the kufaar have hatched. What if they want this sister to go all the way up to the European court of human rights and then the decision was over turned in the sisters favor.... This could be a way of muslims in future looking to these baatil courts for justice. Thats exactly what the kufaar would want.

Just a thought...
    Salam Fallujah Sniper, i agree with you, I can see this as another plan hatched by the kufaar and acts like these can serve an agenda of the Kufaar. Laws like these that ban people from doing what they want or what they would call exercising their "freedom" often get overturned in European Court of Human Rights. Therefore if the ban is overturned in the sisters favour, it would be portrayed that justice was done and it was a victory for the sister and "freedom". Where did the sister get justice? at the European court of human rights. If there are other incidents similar, then it would be a good way to push them to take up these matters to the European court of human rights. This is a good way to help gain legitimacy for the European court of human rights and could show it as a solution to problems the Muslims face in Europe.
    This is similar to the plans of getting the Muslims to call for and to the UN to help solve its problems (Like we saw in Libya/Arab league or attempts by Abbas on Palestine). Legitimising these pillars and tools of secularism/Capitalism and the west in the eyes of the Muslim's could be dangerous to those calling for Islam as a solution.

They also show a picture of her standing with another niqabi sister who is running for President? To me it looks like one of two things; either the sisters are confused about the Islamic perspective on these issues or else this was a publicity stunt. The more I hear about the situation in France, the more I get the impression that French Muslims are very declined in their thinking- even more so than British Muslims.

I think a significant reason as to why France has been able to get away with a niqab ban and a hijab ban in schools is because public opinion amongst a large swathe of French Muslims weren't against it. Sadly there was a lot of propaganda going around that the headscarf and niqab have nothing to do with Islam, that they are just 'cultural symbols' so this separation between the Islamic rule and the Muslims was what allowed the Muslims to feel complacent about it due to their ignorance. I wouldn't be surprised if Tariq Ramadan would have a bigger following over there.

In the UK, I don't think Muslims are that protective of the niqab either but UK Muslims are very protective of the right to wear the headscarf. Even amongst the sisters who don't wear it, most are in agreement that it is an Islamic rule that they are supposed to wear it and would see it as a direct attack against Islam to forbid women from wearing it.

I think it's alot more beneficial for muslims to have a goverment like france in terms of they are quite clear in thier opposition to Islam, as compared to the british government or American government who make out they love the Muslims and have no problems with Islam.

Alot easier to convince Muslims i think when the government is direct in thier policies.

Yes I think Fallujah sniper might have a point as regards to the high courts for Human rights whatever the case may Allah grant this sister patience and grant us victory over these Muslim hating thugs.
    Rabbi zidni ilma
    O my Lord! Increase me in Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    They also show a picture of her standing with another niqabi sister who is running for President? To me it looks like one of two things; either the sisters are confused about the Islamic perspective on these issues or else this was a publicity stunt. The more I hear about the situation in France, the more I get the impression that French Muslims are very declined in their thinking- even more so than British Muslims.

I think a significant reason as to why France has been able to get away with a niqab ban and a hijab ban in schools is because public opinion amongst a large swathe of French Muslims weren't against it. Sadly there was a lot of propaganda going around that the headscarf and niqab have nothing to do with Islam, that they are just 'cultural symbols' so this separation between the Islamic rule and the Muslims was what allowed the Muslims to feel complacent about it due to their ignorance. I wouldn't be surprised if Tariq Ramadan would have a bigger following over there.

In the UK, I don't think Muslims are that protective of the niqab either but UK Muslims are very protective of the right to wear the headscarf. Even amongst the sisters who don't wear it, most are in agreement that it is an Islamic rule that they are supposed to wear it and would see it as a direct attack against Islam to forbid women from wearing it.
    I remember a few years ago when there was a sister who was excluded from school because she wanted to wear the jilbab and himar. The kufaars case was that they went to a local mosque and the imam said that out is perfectly ok for girls to wear the cultural salwaar kameez. So the way it was made to look was that the sister was being awkward and difficult on purpose.

But as sister Neelu mentioned, this is due to the decline of islamic knowledge.

Default Muslim dress code

dear all

I find the hyprocracy unbelievable why is that catholic nuns are able to-wear thier full attire without a single fuss? Is that not a form of repression or enslavement as the west so have us believe ? Of course it's one law for them and one law for the Muslims !! Biblical texts in the old testament clearly clarify that women should be covered , what hypocrisy when they make out that only the religion of Islam is babaric !

+ Reply to Thread